Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Workday Demo

So far I like the Workday salesperson better than the last guy. And I see snacks although I'm not sure if he brought them. I like that all customers automatically receive updates with new releases. Workday is 5 years old and has 160 clients so they should have experience setting up clients with different needs. They partner with Taleo for their ATS because they don't have their own, which I was surprised to hear. It seems that it would be beneficial for them to have their own, so they don't have to send clients to their competitor for this service. I like the home page employees view when they login. The icons are in a circle and it's very user friendly. The PTO projected balances feature is great, so employees can see how much PTO they would have by a certain future date. I like that employees can submit expenses through this system. The dashboard for managers is useful to drill down into the data in the system. I like that managers can give one time spot bonuses and if it's over a certain amount it can be automatically routed for approval through the system. The performance management tool allows managers to see a list of their employees who have not started entering their goals. It is not as easy to see in one place in PeopleSoft, which my company currently uses. It's very useful that you can see who a terming employee referred to the company and who may leave with her. You can then see which of those employees she referred are top performers and may need an added bonus to entice them to stay. Awesome! Jun is never going to get his question fully answered on tracking which employees work on what projects. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment